Collab with Kaley!

Glass, Iron, Leaves, and Paper


This is a collaboration with my friend Kaley! (You can find her blog here.) She's a good friend of mine as well as an AMAZING blogger, ("little") novelist, and poet. This is one of my favorites of her poems.

I love the journey from simple materials to herself and finally to the Lord. This poem is definitely relatable, and the prayer at the end, though simple, speaks volumes and hit close to my heart. It's something I need to be reminded of every day, too.

Enjoy reading!


Glass, Iron, Leaves, and Paper

Glass, Iron, Leaves, and Paper.

I break, I trust, I fly, and I tear.


Glass is my heart,

It’s easily broken.

It cracks and melts

By a single word spoken.

Iron is my God,

I’m trusting in Him.

I know He is mighty.

I’m in His right hand.

Leaves carry my soul.

Weak things carry weaker me

They break like I do

But we all float in the wind.

Paper is my mind,

Covered in mistakes and information.

But ripped, destroyed, torn.

I can’t trust in my knowledge. 


I am weak

I am wrong

I am sinful

I am gone

Too drowned in the world.

Or so I thought.

You rescued me, Lord,

And though I still sometimes fly,

And break and tear,

I trust.

Trust in You. 

You are my strength.

Today.

Tomorrow.

Forever.

Don’t let me forget You, 

My Lord Jesus.

 


So beautiful! Don't forget to check out Kaley's blog for more of her content!

Comments

Post a Comment